VP of Political Sales- Washington, DC
Gamut. Smart Media is looking for a positive and dynamic leader to lead its political sales team. Are you a strategic thinker and natural problem solver with experience coaching talent and achieving high growth? Do you believe in the motto, “We compete with our brands, but win with our people.” Gamut is looking for an energetic sales leader with a high business acumen to grow our political sales.
- Oversee and coach a team of Account Executives, as well as the political pod responsible for planning, execution, and account management to drive advertising revenue through direct sales (prospecting, closing new business and managing renewals)
- Spearhead, cross collaborate, and provide executive strategy for political partnership for both revenue and solution opportunities
- Meet and exceed a quarterly sales quota by engaging team in needed level of activity to sell standard media, video, mobile, programmatic and custom advertising solutions
- Position Gamut to key political agencies, media directors/media supervisors and internet marketing directors/managers
- Be and active leader working with product and execution teams to come up with new digital solutions and capabilities for political advertisers and agencies
- Build strategic agency and client-side relationships to secure revenue growth and build credibility in the political and media marketplace
- Identify, understand and communicate trends within client markets and industries, and the ability to listen well to client needs and develop advertising programs that exceed their expectations
- Think creatively, sell strategically, multitask and communicate efficiently both internally and externally
- Work with our internal training and marketing teams to develop and implement ongoing sales and product trainings, ensuring your sales team is knowledgeable and prepared
- Ability to manage team sales pipeline, utilize salesforce.com and project sales on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Understand and communicate clearly to your team the company needs as related to target revenues, profitability, operational efficiencies while advocating for client results
- BS/BA degree required, MBA Preferred
- 6-8 years of media sales experience, with minimum of 10-12 years total sales work experience
- Bring knowledge, wealth of contacts, and strong relationship skills to effectively navigate the political media landscape
- Previous track record of successfully coaching teams in a high growth organization.
- Must have a strong understanding of the political media marketplace with a robust network of client & agency relationships (Media Planners / Supervisors/ Marketing Directors)
- An avid problem solver, must approach sales in a strategic / solution sales manner with above average organizational skills
- Track record of building sales teams and coaching sellers to meet and exceed revenue targets, continual business development, profitable sales, relationship building and customer retention.
- Hold weekly one on one meetings with team members, attend client calls and industry functions, and serve as the market knowledge leader on sales strategies.
- Experience with a multiple product portfolio; additional experience working in display, mobile and video with direct publisher relationships a plus.
- Experience selling programmatic and understanding of programmatic landscape
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Gamut is the leader in local OTT, helps brands connect with relevant streaming audiences in every DMA. Leveraging our direct access to brand-safe, premium OTT inventory and advanced advertising tools, advertisers deploy highly engaging, personalized ads to intended, local audiences on a national scale. With more than 20 years of digital media experience in this evolving video landscape, Gamut is committed to delivering the highest-level of service and expertise to ensure maximum results for our clients and partners.
Gamut may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or during employment as a term and condition of employment unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law.
Gamut is an Equal Opportunity Employer.