Vice President, Product Strategy – New York, NY
New York, NY
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL℠, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success laid down by our parent company Cox Enterprises, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
Are you a proven leader who thrives in a dynamic environment creating innovative digital solutions for marketers? We are looking for a passionate, product expert to drive our OTT strategy, product, and platform forward. He/she must be client focused with the ability to stay ahead of the curve and build towards emerging and unique technologies and capabilities.
- Promote Gamut’s brand position, proposition, business USP and reputation both internally and externally
- Anticipate and research the needs of OTT advertising industry and develop a product roadmap for all current and future capabilities across OTT, data, strategy, creative, technology/vendor partners, digital media formats, platform and technology builds, reporting, systems, etc.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive and deliver go-to-market plans. Roll out successful product launches to customers, partners, and employees.
- Own and lead the full product lifecycle – from ideation, requirements gathering, to delivery, and end of life – collaborating w/ various teams including sales, development team, insights, analytics, planning, ad ops, finance, etc.
- Work with senior executives, build consensus within and across organizations, and effectively manage and prioritize competing needs
- Write and edit materials for communicating with media, employees, partners, and other key audiences. Create support materials for speaking engagement by company executives
- Stay abreast emerging topics on OTT marketplace through industry trades and connections, including working with partners, clients, and personal network to gather intel
- Understand pain points and needs for TV advertisers extending in OTT and come up with solutions, capabilities, training/educational guide, etc.
- Manage the product team along with technical solutions managers
- 10+ years of experience in a product management role in the online advertising space
- 5+ years of people management experience. Must have managed a team of at least 2 employees
- 4 year degree required, MBA and/or technical background preferred
- Has taken active role in the definition (or re-definition) of an organization’s business model
- Has a track record of delivering successful projects and/or products and seeing them through its execution
- Involvement in industry related organizations is preferred
- Must reside in the New York City metro area
- Strong knowledge of our competitive landscape with ability to spot new trends quickly especially in OTT
- Good knowledge of the needs of advertisers and publishers in digital advertising space with focus on OTT
- Ability to drive an organization’s roadmap and define its product offering
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert for the organization’s product
- Ability to work with leaders of the organization to define and become the voice of the product strategy
- Ability to quickly build consensus while managing competing needs and conflicts
- Sufficient understanding of major technologies to participate in fairly technical discussions
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, data driven and highly analytical
- Passionate about the advertising industry and its dynamics
- Strong communicator
- Product minded (constantly thinking of innovation and improvements from users’ perspective)
Cox offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health and dental, PTO and sick, and 401(k) matching. We also offer a variety of employee training & development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Gamut is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.