Vice President, Operations & Planning – New York, NY
New York, NY
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL℠, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success laid down by our parent company Cox Enterprises, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
- Lead a team of cross functional teams – ad operations, planning/yield desk, platform to ensure best level of service and performance for our clients, internal teams such as sales, and overall health of business for Gamut.
- Senior leadership’s insights and engagement for high level client meetings such as QBRs, upfront meetings, internal company meetings, and conferences, etc.
- Recruit, manage, and lead teams through by creating and evolving processes, tools/systems, training materials, and performance metrics/accountability system.
- Build systems/tools/processes to drive strong performance for each respective teams that can be shared with managers and leadership for better coaching and accountability.
- Troubleshoot issues including but not limited to, discrepancy issues, creative issues, under/over delivery issues, QA issues, order management and system implementation issues, pricing/forecasting inaccuracies
- Drive business performance such as delivery, client retention, margin, performance.
- Coach and build leaders within the team through effective delegation, training, and performance measurement.
- A “first responder” of emerging client issues. Create a POV, troubleshoot, and drive resolution for sales and clients.
- Coach wider team on new capabilities, trends, systems with proper application, goal setting and deliverables, and training guides.
- Liaise with team leads to make sure we’re providing best service to the clients and also coming up with new ways to improve our businesses and teams.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising or related field is preferred. MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in digital advertising with at least 5+ years managing ad ops teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence to build strong professional relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to articulate thoughts and concepts fluidly and effectively; Influential presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of digital advertising concepts, systems, ad technology stacks, vendors (Freewheel, DSPs, DMPs, salesforce, measurement companies) and how they all fit in the ecosystem
- Strong background in campaign lifecycle management, ad sales process, yield management, trafficking, QA, optimization, performance analytics, platform integrations.
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive requests and projects. A refined sense of urgency to meet deadlines is a major plus.
- Expertise in training various planning and ad ops functions.
- Must be based in NYC. Some work travel required.
Cox offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health and dental, PTO and sick, and 401(k) matching. We also offer a variety of employee training & development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Gamut is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.