Vice President of Insights- Main or Regional Offices
The VP of Insights is a highly visible leadership role at Gamut, responsible for the ownership and strategic direction of the insights function, solutions, and products.
The VP is the owner of the insights product for Gamut, and will manage the team of analysts responsible for providing insights. The VP will also partner with Analytics and Attribution leadership to strategically realign the offerings of insights, attribution, and analytics.
In addition to strategic contributions, the VP will perform all of the activities related to managing/leading a cross functional team, including but not limited to: manage, coach/mentor a team of analysts, present monthly/quarterly/annual team performance reporting, oversee research production/project management, develop annual/quarterly planning calendars and roadmaps related to Insights/Sales enablement material, spearhead internal communication regarding sales initiatives to align production with key initiatives across businesses, partner with department leads to support creation of product offering sales/marketing material, identify and assess research vendors to leverage for business needs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Guide and collaborate with data and marketing teams and across the Gamut organizations
- Interface across functional teams including sales, marketing, and technology to develop data and research vision and functionality. This includes:
- Developing processes that maximize resources and minimize costs
- Work with marketing to launch consumer-facing data products to be monetized through advertising directly or indirectly
- Manage and mentor pre-, intra-, and post-campaign staff to drive growth and leverage insights to support sales
- Manage and mentor staff to drive growth and brand equity
- Develop the research, consumer, and audience insights materials to give the sales team the tools they need to clearly and quickly articulate our research and data value proposition for our clients
- Manage all data tools and work strategically to roll these products out across Gamut as required
- Ability to translate raw data culled from TV and digital metrics into marketing stories that resonate and train and develop new hires to do the same
- Ability to leverage data & insights to position Gamut as information leaders and translate these into consumable reports for leadership
- Thought leadership to develop client communication strategies
- Manage, evaluate and analyze relationships with key strategic research/targeting/data partners
- Conducts audience, user, and client interviews, and provide guidance to research vendors and partners on research study development
- Manages team to mine insights and presents recommendations to senior leadership
- Rapidly prototype concepts to support team collaboration
- Develop research reports for external consumption by key clients: sellers, agencies, and station ownership groups
- Attend meetings as required to serve as subject-matter expert
- Contribute to new business pitches, with specific responsibilities for insight gathering, competitive landscape analysis, creative brief development, written submissions / presentation deck development, and presentation of strategy in live presentations
- Keep abreast of industry trends and represents agency at industry events and serve as a representative on industry boards and at workshops as both participant, speaker and subject matter expert
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or Management preferred
- 7+ years of experience in media insights & research role within an ad agency, business intelligence company, broadcast or cable company, or digital media company (ie, mobile, display)
- Experience with digital and cross-media ad effectiveness studies and ROI analyses is a plus
- Must have experience developing sophisticated strategy, research & reporting plans
- Deep expertise in multiple consumer/professional segments with a solid grounding in consumer/professional insight, brand marketing and digital technology
- Demonstrated success in crafting marketing strategies
- Solid grounding in research and behavioral analysis including both primary/secondary and qualitative/quantitative research methodologies
- Must be a strategic communicator in written and verbal presentation
- Must be able to articulate concepts and stories to designers and writers
- Collaborative, with internal sales and marketing teams, agency teams and partners
- Curiosity and aptitude to learn about marketing, brands, advertising, technology and media
- Able to work on multiple strategic assignments at once, in deadline driven environment
- Motivated, self-starter, independent & resourceful
- Calm under pressure
- Big picture thinker who also sweats the details
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent management and mentoring skills
- Able to travel as needed
We promote the safety and well-being of our employees by requiring that all newly hired CMG employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. CMG will provide reasonable accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
We offer rewarding and challenging careers that encourage growth and development. We take care of our people with industry-leading total rewards offerings that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and accident insurance as well as, a best-in-class wellness program, 401(k) matching and time-off programs.
GAMUT is a subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.