Vice President, Marketing – New York, NY
New York, NY
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL℠, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success laid down by our parent company Cox Enterprises, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
What we are looking for
An influential, motivated, problem-solver with the ability of impactful storytelling. We are looking for someone with a mixture of innovative thinking and creativity that can focus their teams on driving sales results.
What you will be doing
The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for working across departments to lead the task of marketing Gamut’s brand and products to the advertising community with a goal of developing business and generating revenue in a dynamic and high-intensity environment. Managing and inspiring employees, leading by example, building internal and external relationships, thought leadership all while maintaining a high business acumen are sought after for this very impactful role.
The position will work closely with various internal teams and external clients. The position is based in New York City. The ideal candidate should be a strong strategic thinker, have existing management experience, and exceptional leadership qualities. You should have demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment, preferably with media experience on the vendor/service side, and be a self-starter that can make immediate impact by not only driving creative messaging, but operationally building better lines of communication, accountability, and workflow between your marketing department and various other groups.
- Manage a team of marketing managers, designers, and coordinator to drive all brand and sales enablement initiatives for Gamut which include but are not limited to: paid media and sponsorship campaigns, local sponsorships, marketing materials, and internal and external brand experiences.
- Manage department budget, create and track success metrics for different brand and client initiatives, and deliver tasks on scheduled timelines.
- Serve as the thought leader to drive creative conception and execution of brand image and set guidelines. Crafting a consistent client experience and marketing message.
- Cultivate and maintain deep and functioning relationships with VPs of Sales, Product, and Operations to ultimately strive toward the common goal of driving Gamut success.
- Develop creative partnerships and sponsorships with external stakeholders, leveraging Gamut partners.
- Ability to present ideas.
- Develop operational efficiency within your department and provide consistent feedback to leadership.
- Manage your team effectively, with a focus on growing talent and creating a fun and enjoyable, yet accountable work environment.
- Prioritize client service – both internally and externally – and a willingness to uphold integrity even if that creates greater difficulty.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in sales marketing with demonstrated success in exceeding goals and managing a team
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure, ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Must be a self-starter who can work among senior level peer group to drive initiatives with autonomy.
- Understanding of the media, entertainment, digital landscape
- Creative thinking and ability to generate out-of-the-box ideas/concepts
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Willingness to travel as needed (less than 20%)
- Thrive in a team environment with goal-oriented culture
Cox offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health and dental, PTO and sick, and 401(k) matching. We also offer a variety of employee training & development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Gamut is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.