SVP of Sales – New York, NY
New York, NY
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL℠, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success, laid down by our parent company Cox Media Group, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
Gamut has achieved significant revenue growth, hired a strong team and is a highly visible division within Cox Media Group. Gamut has created a new role at the company and is looking to hire an SVP of Sales to accelerate revenue growth in the U.S. This position will oversee all revenue, comprising direct sales, programmatic sales and channel sales. The SVP of Sales is based in New York and will oversee a total team of 25 people across the U.S., with 4 Direct Reports: VP of Sales, East; VP of Sales, West; VP of Sales, Central and Director of Channel Sales.
The SVP of Sales will work very closely with the SVP of Client Strategy Solutions. Key initiatives for the SVP of Sales includes: sales leadership, sales training, executing the go-to-market strategy, mentoring, hiring, onboarding new hires and retaining direct and indirect reports, and implementing scalable sales process, including effective use of Salesforce. As the leader in local OTT, Gamut’s OTT advertising solution represents a big growth opportunity for the company.
The SVP of Sales is a highly visible role inside Cox Media Group and will work closely with other sales leaders in Cox Media Group to create and sell-through large partnerships alongside other Cox Media Group leadership. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of scaling media ad sales businesses and teams, driven with advertising technology, as well as a strong background in Video and OTT/streaming, which is a big growth area for the business through the Gamut TOTAL advertising platform. The SVP of Sales will serve as a key representative of Gamut in the marketplace.
- Lead Gamut ad sales revenue across all lines of business: direct agency and brand sales, and channel sales.
- Meet and exceed short-term and long-term revenue and profitability targets.
- Hire, train, develop and lead a high-performing sales team of 25+ full time employees. Determine the ideal team and account structures, implement effective incentive plans, coach the teams on strategic selling, and maximize sales productivity.
- Define, implement and manage smart sales strategy and KPIs and ensure the team is using Salesforce effectively.
- Identify areas for organic growth, including areas for product development and/or product launches, working closely with the product teams.
- Oversee budgeting and forecasting for U.S. sales and sales expenses. Create and manage sales compensation plans, commission statements and sales expenses.
- Serve as a key representative for Gamut in the market and at events, and internally within Cox Media Group.
- Help close new strategic partnerships with marketers, agencies and channel partners.
- 10+ years of ad sales leadership experience for an OTT/Streaming, Video, Television and/or digital media business, including 5+ years leading a multi-layered sales organization.
- Experience setting sales strategy and scaling revenue in a high-growth media company; ideal candidate has built and led businesses with $75+ million revenue run rate.
- Experience and deep understanding of video advertising strategies – both linear TV and digital media, the industry landscape, its key players and trends.
- Highly visible member of the television, digital and advertising technology community, with senior level relationships with marketers, agencies, platforms and publishers.
- A senior sales leader with a track record of closing large, 7-figure revenue partnerships.
- Deep expertise in setting up and implementing sales training, scalable processes and effective use of Salesforce.
- Able to travel 40% to 50%.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
Desired Leadership Skills
- Team-player, highly collaborative and decisive leader
- Commitment to winning and exceeding revenue goals and KPIs
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment, while also operating within a larger operation
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and oral)
- High level of accountability and emphasis on execution
- High integrity and executive level presence
- Exceptional at internal relationship-building; able to develop and maintain good working relationships with multiple teams inside Cox Media Group.
- Inspires and motivates teams, and brings out the best work from her/his teams
Cox offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health and dental, PTO and sick, and 401(k) matching. We also offer a variety of employee training & development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Gamut is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.