Strategic Account Manager – Dallas, TX
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success laid down by our parent company Cox Enterprises, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory. For more information on Gamut, please visit: https://gamut.media/.
The SAM partners with Sales to providing “white-glove” service to Gamut clients. The SAM’s goal is to positively impact revenue, especially renewals, by building and delivering effective advertising solutions with Gamut’s product/s. Candidates should have prior account management experience, preferably within a media company, and a history of achieving a successful renewal rate.
- Candidates must demonstrate a grasp of media math, strong digital media knowledge and excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Supervises the day to day activities of the Accounting Department.
- Reviews Accounts Payable reporting to ensure accuracy, minimize financial loss to the company and correct errors in customer invoicing.
- Creates report for Accounting Manager to review payables trending to facilitate process efficiency and modify process steps/policies to address issues.
- RFP Responses: compile campaign parameters (whitelists, billing calendar, audience targeting, geographical considerations, etc.); coordinate between departments to strategically respond to RFPs; maintain these campaign details while partnering with Planning to create media plans
- Collaborate with internal teams as needed, to ensure best results incl. building the most effective audience, geo, blocklists, analytics recommendations and making sure strategy addresses client’s KPIs
- Facilitate productive internal cross-team communication between Research, Analytics, Planning, Ops and Sales on new RFPs
- Onboard new clients and proactively address areas where improvement is needed on current campaigns
- Review new and revised orders within Gamut’s order management system for quality assurance
- Communicate campaign handover to Operations to facilitate set-up and to ensure on-time launches
- Manage campaign kick-off calls with new clients, launch timelines, configuring and delivering weekly campaign reporting, pod calls, optimization recommendations and quarterly business reviews
- Confirm that screenshots are produced by Ops and sent to clients when requested
- Work with internal teams to manage and optimize the campaign
- Coordinate and lead weekly status calls with key clients
- Monitor and send weekly reporting
- Serve as lead contact for all day-to-day client communication, capable of troubleshooting issues by relating product knowledge or by knowing where to go for the answer
- Confirm creative is accessible to ACR partner and deliver creative when needed
- Ensures campaigns are set up to bill correctly and handles billing reconciliations
- Educate and guide new and existing clients on best practices
- Maximizes client retention by delivering best-in-class service; while maintaining a problem-solving mindset and a sense of urgency
- SAM ensures requests from other departments are completed timely and accurately
- Determine measurement intentions of the client; mitigate and ensure data agreements are signed where necessary
- Maintain strong knowledge of Gamut products and offerings to serve as the cross-functional team’s “go-to” resource
- Liaise between customers and internal teams
- Support Gamut Sales and Gamut Clients by attending client meetings, contributing in areas around best practices, operations and opportunities for upsells
- Address all client-facing billing issues; have a firm grasp of agency billing processes
- Identify new opportunities to retain and grow Gamut existing business through forecasting, enhanced reporting, offering new internal capabilities and problem solving every step of the way
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of Planning’s roles and responsibilities within Gamut including but not limited to order entry, budget maintenance and inventory forecasting in order to advise and approve Planning functions
- Identify new opportunities and processes to work more efficiently
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 3+ years proven work experience in media (preferably digital).
- Preferable experience in the OTT/FEP environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of digital media trends and concept.
- Analytically driven to make business decision.
- Hands on experience with CRM software, account management systems, MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Skill with data analysis and figure aptitude with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong ability and comfortability in client facing scenarios.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- A refined sense of urgency and proven ability to prioritize requests in a timely manner.
- Passionate about marketing and advertising, thus invested in the success of Gamut and Gamut’s clients.
- Please note – this role can be based in Dallas, Texas or Chicago, Illinois
Gamut offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health, dental, vision and, PTO (paid time off), 401(k) matching and pension. We also offer a variety of employee development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
GAMUT is a subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.