Senior Data Insights Analyst – New York, NY
New York, NY
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success laid down by our parent company Cox Enterprises, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory. For more information on Gamut, please visit: https://gamut.media/.
The Gamut Insights team is seeking a dynamic Senior Insights Analyst to join the department. This role requires insightful story-telling grounded in data analysis gathered from multiple syndicated research sources to support the media ad sales team and consult clients on their campaign strategy. The right candidate will possess the curiosity to gain a deep understanding of consumer behavior and media trends with a zest to tell a persuasive story with their findings. In this role, the Senior Insights Analyst will report to the Director of Insights and collaborate with the Sales, Marketing, Analytics, and Strategy Departments.
70% Ad-Hoc Research Analysis
- Collaborate with Sales Department to understand client media campaign goals and business objectives; serve as the Insights subject matter expert during internal strategy sessions
- Align client needs and challenges with research analysis to develop marketing solutions
- Access, analyze and interpret raw data culled from various syndicated research providers to transform data points into creative, compelling and actionable insights
- Leverage consumer trends to support internal Account Executives to drive sales revenue growth
- Review advertising trends alongside consumer insights to identify prospective media opportunities for brands and clients
- Clearly and concisely display consumer insights through written and designed deliverables that effectively communicate the message
- Confidently present insights internally (and externally as needed) with the ability to articulate complex analyses in a simple and digestive manner
- Independently manage project deadlines to ensure the timely delivery of ad-hoc sales requests
30% Prepare Data-Driven Marketing Material
- Contribute ideas and assist in cultivating concepts during team and cross-departmental brainstorm gatherings, when working on special projects and partnering with peers within Gamut
- Partner with Marketing Team to develop data-driven sales collateral that clearly summarizes research and insights
- Keep abreast of marketplace conditions to monitor the ever-changing media landscape, specifically video consumption; remain informed on current and relevant business topics
- Prepare and present consumer insights during internal knowledge forums
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Media/Communications, Market Research, or related field preferred
- Strong proficiency with leveraging syndicated research providers such as MRI-Simmons, Nielsen Scarborough, Kantar, Comscore, etc.
- 3+ years experience in a media/data research role at a media agency, broadcast/digital company, or research firm
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter who is passionate about media, marketing, brands and advertising with a strong desire to learn and innovate
- Resourceful problem-solver with a willingness and determination to offer up solutions
- Ambition to deliver exceptional and impactful insights that drive positive results
Gamut offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health, dental, vision and, PTO (paid time off), 401(k) matching and pension. We also offer a variety of employee development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
GAMUT is a subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.