President – New York, NY
New York, NY
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL℠, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success, laid down by our parent company Cox Media Group, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of Cox Media Group, the President, Gamut is responsible for leading and developing short and long-term goals, plans, and strategies to propel Gamut through its next chapter of growth. S/he is responsible for providing vision, direction, and leadership for Gamut team members and for holding leaders and teams accountable for achieving organizational objectives within the budget and aligned with the core values of the company.
This position is accountable to the customers, employees, and owners of the business and will act as the public face of the company. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, a deep knowledge and passion for solutions-based digital advertising, and a vision for the future that s/he can execute and rally others around.
- Develop the vision, strategy, and an executable plan to grow and evolve the business
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, innovate and evolve the product and generate new ideas that grow market share and improve customer experience
- Drive results by executing on Gamut’s strategic and operating plans; achieve revenue and EBITDA goals consistent with the organization’s financial and operating guidelines
- Attract and retain top talent and enable a workplace culture that motivates your team; provide coaching and guidance to your team members to maximize performance
- Oversee a high-performing sales organization that drives revenue growth
- Proactively cultivate relationships with agencies, broadcast and other client groups and strategically position Gamut in the industry
- Collaborate with key CMG partners, business leaders, and stakeholders in order to achieve competitive advantage
- Serve as a representative of Gamut and Cox Media Group in industry events and associations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
YEAR ONE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
Building positive and trusting relationships internally and externally; seen as a true business leader who adds value and aligns Gamut with business goals and outcomes; is trusted and respected for not only their technical competence, but also business judgment; and has earned the confidence and trust of the Executive Leadership Team and key business partners.
Provides leadership and coaching of a talented team to excel; sets high standards and performance expectations; operates as a player/coach; has a passion for mentoring, developing and growing talent.
Developing and leading the strategy and execution of an overall cohesive, business operations approach that delivers consistent and integrated value to all key stakeholders; orchestrating the planning and implementation of the business strategy, while seeking to employ a functional “best practices” philosophy to collaborate and integrate across the enterprise.
ONGOING KEY LEADERSHIP CHARACTERISTICS
Building, leveraging and maintaining relationships within and across workgroups.
Using one’s knowledge of economic, financial, market and industry trends to understand and improve individual, work group and/or organizational results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and/or tactics.
Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
Establish Strategic Direction:
Establishing and committing to a long-term business direction based on an analysis of systemic information and consideration of resources, market drivers, organizational values, and emerging economic, technological and regulatory conditions.
Using effective involvement and persuasion strategies to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to actions that support specific work outcomes.
Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to build, motivate and guide a cohesive team to complete team goals.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum 10+ years leadership experience in advertising technology, OTT, B2B/marketing technology and/or digital media business
- Proven ability to innovate in the digital media space; experience with video strategies- both linear and digital media, the industry landscape, its key players and trends
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a high-performing team
- Prior experience effectively managing budgets & resources and driving margin
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal presentation with the ability to deliver high-impact presentations and proposals
- Curiosity and aptitude to learn about marketing, brands, advertising, technology and media
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Cox offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health and dental, PTO and sick, and 401(k) matching. We also offer a variety of employee training & development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Gamut is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.