Media Insights Analyst – New York, NY
New York, NY
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL℠, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success laid down by our parent company Cox Enterprises, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
The Media Insights Analyst will perform data runs and analysis through the use of multiple research sources to support the media ad sales team and consult clients on their media plans. The right candidate will possess the curiosity to gain a deep understanding of consumer behavior, media trends, and audience measurement with an eagerness to tell a persuasive story with their findings. In this role, the Media Insights Analyst will report to the Senior Insights Manager and collaborate with the Sales, Marketing, Analytics, and Strategy Departments.
Ad-Hoc Research Analysis
- Access, report, analyze and interpret raw data culled from various syndicated research providers
- Transform data points and audience measurement into creative and compelling insights
- Strategically leverage qualitative data and insights to support internal Account Executives to drive sales revenue growth
- Align client needs and challenges with research analysis to uncover marketing solutions
- Attend and participate in internal/external meetings as needed; understand business objectives and serve as a vocal subject matter expert when communicating to others
- Review advertising trends alongside consumer insights to identify prospective media opportunities for brands and clients
- Clearly display research and insights through written and designed deliverables that effectively communicate the message
- Independently manage project deadlines to ensure the timely delivery of ad-hoc sales requests
Prepare Data-Driven Marketing Material
- Contribute ideas and assist in cultivating concepts during team brainstorm gatherings, working on special projects and partnering with peers and other data departments within Gamut and CMG
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop data-driven sales collateral that clearly articulates research and insights
- Attend and participate in industry-related conferences, workshops and events
- Keep abreast of industry trends to monitor the ever-changing media landscape, specifically video consumption; remain informed on current and relevant business topics
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field preferred
- Experience with syndicated research providers preferred, including Simmons, MRI, Hitwise, and comScore preferred or something equivalent
- 1+ year experience in a research or insights role at a media agency, broadcast/digital company, or media rep firm
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of digital and TV audience measurement
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize accordingly in a deadline driven environment
- Motivated self-starter who has a strong desire and curiosity to learn about media, marketing, brands and advertising
- Resourceful problem-solver with a willingness and determination to offer up solutions
- Ambition to deliver exceptional and impactful insights that drive positive results
- Extremely attentive to detail; organized and diligent with strong time management skills
Cox offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health and dental, PTO and sick, and 401(k) matching. We also offer a variety of employee training & development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Gamut is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.