Graphic Designer – New York, NY
New York, NY
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL℠, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success, laid down by our parent company Cox Media Group, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
As a Graphic Designer you will be responsible for creating dynamic, though-provoking materials that effectively promote the Gamut brand in the marketplace. You should be a forward-thinker with an eye-toward innovation and the ever-evolving world of Media. You will have experience managing digital, print and multimedia creative projects from start to finish. You should possess the ability to translate consumer insights data into compelling and cohesive visuals to be included in sales presentations, sales materials, one-sheets, collateral, direct email, web sites, social media, sales videos and more. You will work with multiple teams including Marketing, Insights, Ad Sales, Product and Operations as well as other groups within the company on specified design project needs.
We are looking for a graphic designer with 5+ years of experience in Media, Marketing or Advertising; someone who has working knowledge of both TV and digital media, and someone with a strong portfolio of dynamic design work. The Graphic Designer reports to the VP of Marketing.
- Design presentation decks, proposals, one-sheets, email blasts, trade advertising, event materials, social media posts, sales videos and other branded collateral as needed.
- Ensure work consistently answers the project brief in terms of look and feel, accuracy, functionality and brand identity.
- Create compelling layouts through excellent use of typography, color and photography that reflect the Gamut brand.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and internal clients to appropriately set expectations and effectively manage project timelines.
- Ensure proper sign-off process is followed, proofreads are complete and specs for all projects assigned are accurate.
- Use effective time management and organizational skills to maintain effective workflow and meet deadlines.
- Be an active participant in the group, collaborating with teammates in a thoughtful and proactive way.
- 5+ years professional design experience at a TV Network, Digital Media Company or Advertising Agency
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Marketing, Communications or Business Administration
- High level of competency in the full Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office with an emphasis on PowerPoint
- A keen understanding of design principles and best practices
- Ability to take direction to meet creative and business needs
- High attention to detail and consistency
- Excellent production and project management skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Adept at problem solving, analyzing information and choosing the best solution
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in HTML, Flash, CSS, WordPress and Final Cut Pro a plus
Cox offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health and dental, PTO and sick, and 401(k) matching. We also offer a variety of employee training & development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Gamut is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.