Director of Marketing – New York, NY
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL®, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success, laid down by our parent company Cox Media Group, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
At Gamut, The Leader in Local OTT, we are proud of the local OTT advertising solution that we provide to regional and local advertisers across the U.S. We’re looking for a highly skilled Director of Marketing to help us market our premium product and drive awareness and ad sales revenue for our business. Our ideal candidate will have extensive ad sales marketing experience and a comprehensive knowledge of Trade Marketing & Demand Generation, Communications & PR, Sales Enablement & Product Marketing, as well as experience managing the Creative Development of digital and printed marketing campaigns and tactics.
He/she will have the ability to lead a team of marketers and effectively collaborate with leaders from Sales, Insights, Analytics, Product and Finance on a regular basis. They will be a highly effective communicator with experience presenting complex marketing plans and solutions to executive leaders and teams across the company.
If you have a deep understanding of the media ad sales business and want to deliver ad sales marketing campaigns and solutions that profitability drive ad sales revenue, we would love to meet you.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Identify short-term and long-term marketing, budget, and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual Marketing Plan & Budget, expenditure projections, and other financial considerations
- Lead the strategic and tactical execution of our Trade Marketing & Demand Generation campaigns working closely with internal stakeholders, to create an effective and efficient marketing strategy focused on growing brand awareness for our local OTT advertising solution. This includes all trade media buying and planning, conference sponsorships, website management, campaign tracking, results reporting, analysis, and recommendations
- Attend and/or participate at conferences, and tradeshows as needed preparing engaging displays and collateral, preparing panelists for interviews, and providing post-event reports and analysis
- Manage the conception, development, and implementation of Communications & Public Relations strategies and programs including internal and external communications, press releases, inbound and outbound trade media relations, partner collaborations, content marketing, thought-leadership articles, social media and awards submissions. Must have highly effective written communication skills with experience producing content marketing pieces that promote complex ad tech product solutions to the marketplace
- Oversee all Sales Enablement & Product Marketing leading the product packaging and positioning process. Manage the strategic and creative development of all Sales Decks, One-Sheets, RFPs, QBRs and internal corporate presentations for Gamut executive leadership. Must be a highly-skilled story-teller with deep experience building sales collateral that effectively communicates the company’s unique selling proposition
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide trade market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer insights trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for the marketing team
- Hold regular meetings with marketing team to review project pipeline, resolve challenges, and present possible solutions, and provide ongoing training to ensure team consistently performs at the highest level
- Manage the marketing budget and work with the finance team to ensure all invoices are processed, paid and reconciled on a regular basis
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications
- Successful track record in senior marketing roles with 10+ years of experience in the media industry, preferably with CTV/OTT marketing experience for an ad sales organization
- Excellent team leadership and verbal and written communication skills
- Established portfolio of trade media and PR contacts
- Proven ability to plan and manage budget
Effective October 1, 2021, all newly hired CMG employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. CMG will provide reasonable accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Gamut offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health, dental, vision and, PTO (paid time off), 401(k) matching. We also offer a variety of employee development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
GAMUT is a subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.