Director, Account Management – New York, NY
New York, NY
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL℠, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success laid down by our parent company Cox Enterprises, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
The Director, Account Management, will lead a team of (12+) Strategic Account Managers who provide best-in-class service, build client relationships, ensure client retention, and recommend up-sell opportunities. In addition, the Director will be the main liaison across several internal departments to manage end-to-end execution and ensure harmony among these departments, including Sales, Planning, Operations, Insights, and Analytics.
- Offer a strong POV related to the OTT industry, continuously learn, and provide thought leadership to the team
- Facilitate the rollout of new technologies/product innovation to account management
- Partner closely with Sales counterparts to provide pre-sale support
- Ensure high client retention and growth through oversight of the team’s service levels
- Guarantee and improve upon Gamut’s established best practices to drive efficiency and accuracy
- Facilitate change management
- Lead the Strategic Account Manager Summit, account management’s portion of the Quarterly Reviews, Billing Update Meeting and other cross-team meetings
- BS/BA degree required
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of Account Management experience
- Proven communication and organization skills
- Experience influencing and leading
- Outstanding teamwork and collaboration skills, including conflict management
- Previous background in Local, Digital, OTT and/or broadcast Television sales highly preferred
- Must have a strong understanding of the NY market with client and agency relationships (Media Planners, Media Supervisors)
- Experienced at interfacing with key internal stakeholders
- Proven experience creating development plans for their team
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Cox offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health and dental, PTO and sick, and 401(k) matching. We also offer a variety of employee training & development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Gamut is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.