Developer II – New York, NY
New York, NY
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success laid down by our parent company Cox Media Group, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory. For more information on Gamut, please visit: https://gamut.media/.
This position provides value by solving business problems through the creation, modification, and maintenance of applications for a variety of programming languages and platforms. This role is marked by excellent technical and business collaboration skills. The person in this role must be familiar with multiple programming languages/platforms and be an expert in at least one of those languages with more than 7 years of experience, and at least 10 years in the industry.
Job Duties and Job Tasks
- Report to Software Development Manager.
- Design, create, and maintain object-oriented class objects and procedural code.
- Integrate 3rd party solutions where applicable to speed time to market.
- Knowledgeable in various browser and OS-level technologies (Batch, Bash, Linux) and web methodologies such as HTML5, JQuery, and XHR.
- LAMP stack experience a plus.
- Possess a deep understanding of database SQL and how to optimize queries for performance and accuracy. Must be able to demonstrate a high level of competency of SQL-related technologies including Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, Views, and Batch processing.
- Troubleshoot performance issues including analysis for indexes and query optimizations.
- Can work with at least one database technology and type but preference is experience with more than one. Database types include (but are not limited to) MS SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora/RDS, PostgreSQL, and Sybase.
- Must have a deep understanding on how to configure and optimize various operating system-level services or daemons required for hosting or running developed applications.
- Work with customers and employees to understand application technologies and limitations. This includes supporting the business that may include non-technical personnel.
- Knowledge of AWS and Amazon technologies a big plus (RDS, Lambda, Athena, Glue, CLI).
- Communicate daily work and manage personal resources using industry standard communication and tracking tools.
- Manage code using standard versioning software such as SVN, GIT, or MS Team Foundation.
- Manage development time and progress for each SPRINT using internal SCRUM tools.
- Documentation and Communication software proficiency: MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Experience with JIRA, ServiceNow, and SharePoint for managing time and tasks a plus.
- Provide application support and troubleshoot software deployed in production. Document support issues and resolutions for future analysis and process improvements.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- BS degree in Computer application, Engineering or Related field.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Technical/analytical skills, passion for innovation, continuous learning, ability to self-start, and strong work standards/ethics is also required.
- Candidates must also have problem solving focus, contribute to a team’s success, and be quality-oriented
Gamut offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health, dental, vision and, PTO (paid time off), 401(k) matching and pension. We also offer a variety of employee development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
GAMUT is a subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.