Consumer Insights Manager – New York, NY
New York, NY
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL℠, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success laid down by our parent company Cox Enterprises, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
The Consumer Insights Manager will lead data-driven research projects that align with sales objectives and client needs. Through analysis of multiple research sources, he/she will support the media ad sales team to consult clients on their advertising strategies. The right candidate will possess the curiosity to gain a deep understanding of consumer behavior and leverage their research expertise to inform and influence. The Consumer Insights Manager will report to the Senior Insights Manager, oversee a team of analysts and collaborate with the Sales, Marketing, Analytics, and Strategy Departments.
Ad-Hoc Research Analysis & Present Findings
- Synthesize raw data culled from various syndicated research providers to transform findings into creative, powerful and actionable insights
- Strategically leverage insights that support Account Executives to drive sales revenue growth by aligning client needs with research analysis to uncover marketing solutions
- Clearly display insights through written, designed and/or presented deliverables that effectively communicate the message
Supervise Insights Team
- Manage projects and deadlines for the Insights team to ensure the timely delivery of applicable research pertaining to ad-hoc sales requests
- Lead internal/external meetings; understand business objectives and serve as a vocal subject matter expert when communicating to others
- Coach Insights team on research methodologies and media/advertising trends; develop efficient processes and provide training opportunities for team members; equip analysts with tools and guidance for growth
Prepare Data-Driven Marketing Material
- Spearhead the ideation of data-driven sales collateral; collaborate with Insights, Analytics and Marketing teams to develop marketing material
- Cultivate concepts and express their POV during team brainstorm gatherings and foster cross-divisional collaboration within Gamut and CMG
- Review advertising trends alongside consumer insights to identify prospective media opportunities for brands and clients
- Follow industry trends to monitor the ever-changing media landscape, specifically video consumption; remain informed on current and relevant business topics
- Attend and participate in industry-related conferences, workshops and events
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field preferred
- Power user of syndicated research tools including MRI-Simmons, Hitwise, comScore, Scarborough and Kantar
- 6-9 years of experience in a research or insights role at a media agency, broadcast/digital company, or media rep firm, with 1+ year in a supervisor or management position
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong ability to provide the “why”
- Ability to juggle an array of tasks and prioritize accordingly in a deadline driven environment
- Self-starter and motivator who has a strong desire and curiosity to learn about media, marketing, brands and advertising
- Resourceful problem-solver with a willingness and determination to offer up solutions
- Results-driven with an ambition to deliver exceptional and impactful insights
- Extremely attentive to detail; organized and diligent with strong time management skills
Cox offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health and dental, PTO and sick, and 401(k) matching. We also offer a variety of employee training & development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Gamut is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.