Channel Partnerships Manager – New York, NY
New York, NY
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL℠, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success laid down by our parent company Cox Enterprises, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
The Channel Partnership Manager is responsible for leading and managing a key channel partnership and will be instrumental to the success of our channel partnership strategy. The focus of this role is that of a relationship manager, sales leader, operations liaison and product teacher. The primary responsibilities include managing Channel Partnership Strategists and Specialists, creating and implementing channel partner sales strategies, helping various partner’s teams gain industry leading knowledge, learn/execute critical processes, leverage resources, spearhead client- or channel-facing training, and ensure alignment with partner identified go-to-market messaging.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading a cross-functional team, likes to teach and motivate, and has experience driving sales initiatives. They are excellent communicators with high energy and strong self-discipline. Having worked in a complex sales environment before, they have an informed point of view on how to succeed in channel sales.
Sales Leadership and Training
- Responsible for hiring, training, and performance management of Channel Partner Product Specialists. Coaching, setting goals and working to keep team motivated and engaged.
- Coordinate sales programs, develop marketing solutions and partner enablement training
- communicate changes in direction, products, expectations, processes and standards as they pertain to the channel partnership
- Provide leadership and set direction for sales team
- Communicate clear expectations and hold Channel Partner Specialist accountable for meeting goals
Partner Logistics and Operations Management
- Budgetary responsibly for channel partner expenses
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts
- As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the firm
- Able to define sales territories, create quotas, development of “rules of engagement” and establish go-to-market plans
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement
- 7+ years in media sales with documented performance of exceeding sales quotas
- Strategic thinker and leader with at least 2 years in partner channel sales environment
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Full understanding of the digital landscape, with expertise in OTT and digital video
- High degree of creativity, independence, self-motivation and drive
- Well-developed time management, organizational and follow-through skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Eagerness to learn new media/technology in an environment that is constantly changing
- Mentor and leader with a track record of hiring, managing and motivating successful teams
- A strong customer focus and ability to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, and communication
- Experience selling advertising at the national and local level is a plus
- Financial acumen and business management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- BS/BA degree required
Cox offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health and dental, PTO and sick, and 401(k) matching. We also offer a variety of employee training & development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Gamut is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.