Business Development Manager – MAIN OR REGIONAL OFFICES
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL®, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success, laid down by our parent company Cox Media Group, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
On behalf of Gamut, the Business Development Manager will work closely with key Gamut leadership to Identify, recruit, and establish new prospective channel partners through either our managed-service or self-service offerings. This role is tasked with developing a pipeline of new partnership opportunities and leading initial sales team enablement and partnership launch once signed. Knowledge of local digital sales efforts, relevant industry trends and a proven ability to close campaigns by fostering reseller relationships will be vital for success.
As the Business Development Manager, you’ll take on a leadership role within the channel partner group, as well as cross-functional teams, to empower the next stage of growth for one of Gamut’s fastest growing divisions. This role will be instrumental in identifying and executing new partner growth plans.
The ideal candidate for this position has local advertising sales experience and documented success. They are not afraid of thinking beyond the now and looking into the future and helping potential partner organizations think of how they can evolve their business. The ideal candidate is proficient in creating unique local advertising solutions, working in a cross-functional and matrixed environment, results driven, collaborative and has a documented history of sales success.
- Identify, recruit, and close strategic reseller partnership opportunities for either our managed-service or self-service offerings.
- Understand and gather partner requirements to present the most applicable solution and program and ensure deals are closed in a timely manner.
- Establish and grow new reseller relationships by engaging with partner contacts and decision makers to pave a path for product and sales adoption and enablement.
- Identify and execute strategies to optimize initial alignment with key internal stakeholders to promote adoption and growth together with the Channel Partner team.
- Manage business relationships with partners to develop sales opportunities and define programs to increase revenue.
- Identify, establish and maintain significant relationships with senior level decision-makers and partners across the industry.
- Accountable for initial partner onboarding and revenues including sales enablement and training.
- Successfully migrate launched and active partners to a partner management team to enable ongoing operations and revenue growth.
- Establish and report on relevant partner metrics and key performance indicators.
- Work cross-functionally with the Channel Partner Team, Insights, Marketing, Product, Operations, Legal and others as required to both close new contracts and increase potential in existing relationships.
- Maintain accurate sales pipeline and booked revenue reports and trends.
- Clearly communicate the progress of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholder across partnership organizations. Proactively seek feedback and solutions to help foster positive business relationships.
- Champion the needs of your partners to ensure our platform and technology meets the market’s needs.
- Hold the highest level of integrity and trust with channel partners.
- Ability to travel 35%~40%.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 5+ years in media sales with documented performance of exceeding sales quotas.
- Strategic thinker and leader with at least 2 years in partner channel sales environment.
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal).
- Full understanding of the digital landscape, with expertise in OTT and digital video.
- High degree of creativity, independence, self-motivation and drive.
- Well-developed time management, organizational and follow-through skills.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment.
- Eagerness to learn new media/technology in an environment that is constantly changing
- A strong customer focus and ability to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, and communication.
- Experience selling advertising at the national and local level is a plus.
- Financial acumen and business management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- BS/BA degree required.
- This role can be based out of our main or regional offices (NYC, ATL, DC, CHI, DAL, LA, SEA).
Effective October 1, 2021, all newly hired CMG employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. CMG will provide reasonable accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Gamut offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health, dental, vision and, PTO (paid time off), 401(k) matching. We also offer a variety of employee development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
GAMUT is a subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.