Associate Director of Data Analytics – New York, NY
New York, NY
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL℠, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success laid down by our parent company Cox Enterprises, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
Gamut is looking for a strategic Sr. Manager or Associate Director of Data Analytics to help us bring our data environment and related products to the next level. The right candidate has experience both hands on in a data cloud environment and in successfully managing people. As a guide, this candidate should have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience involving digital media and analytics, coding, business analysis, systems analysis or systems optimization. Among these years, we require at least 1-2 years in a data cloud environment and 1-2 years managing people.
The Manager/Director displays proven ability to…
- Set up a cloud based data environment and ability to understand connections to and from other systems
- Machine learning and AI applications a plus
- Apply measurement to tasks and processes to understand volume and usage
- Provide insight to data environment nuance pros/cons
- Analyze log files and create logic and models
- Manipulate, process and normalize large amounts of data
- Provide reports and status information as needed
- Think strategically
- Work independently, managing timelines, and communicating competing priorities to his/her manager
- Come up with initiatives and help prioritize for team
- Communicate trade-offs (pros and cons) effectively and diplomatically
- Seek to understand stake holder needs and translate the needs into project requirements
- The right candidate demonstrates a strong work ethic, a can-do attitude, strong communication skills and a desire and willingness to solve tough problems
- Collaborate with leadership and peers alike
- Use coding language such as SQL, R and/or Python to solve business problems
In support of the goals of the department, make strategic recommendations to help us take our platform to the next level both from ideation of initiatives to developing and managing the execution plan.
LOG FILE AND DATA CLOUD SUPPORT
In support of the goals of the department, analyze vast amounts of data, and support the company efforts in the data cloud.
Lead identification and measurement of all group processes, systems use, and work output. Create calculations and data flows in DOMO or other tools/platforms.
Work with other Departments to identify needs in data environments, data, dashboards, reports, and workflow.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of relevant professional experience involving digital media and analytics, coding, business analysis, systems analysis or systems optimization
- Machine learning and AI skills a plus
- 1-2 years in a data cloud environment
- 1-2 years managing people
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, excel proficiency is a must
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with SQL, R, Python, other database coding, and/or experience with coding/developing data visualization software
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication ability
Cox offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health and dental, PTO and sick, and 401(k) matching. We also offer a variety of employee training & development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Gamut is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.